Welcome to St. Thomas More Liturgical Ministries. There are many opportunities to serve here at St. Thomas More.
What does it mean if I want to serve in one of these areas?
- Music Ministry: Traditional and Contemporary Choirs: If you would like to become part of the Music Ministry, please contact our Worship Leader, Alex Dilan.
Traditional Choir Rehearsal is held Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm in the Church.
Contemporary Choir Rehearsal is held Thursday evenings at 7:00 pm in the Church.
- Lectors: This ministry is an opportunity to proclaim the Word of God at Mass and other liturgical/prayer events. A good speaking voice is required, as well as the ability to proclaim the Word of God in a meaningful and alive manner. Adequate preparation of the Scriptures is required.
- Eucharistic Minister: Eucharistic Ministers serve the faith communty by distributing the Body and Blood of Christ during Mass.
- Minister of Hospitality: Hospitality Ministers greet and welcome all who come to celebrate Mass. They offer assistance and direction to any newcomers, assist with seating people, take up the collection, keep good order during the Communion procession, hand out bulletins, offer aid to the disabled and the elderly, or with any emergencies that might occur.
- Altar Servers: Altar Servers Ministry assists at the Altar during Mass.
- Altar Linen Ministry: Altar Linen volunteers assist with cleaning and ironing church linens. Ministers only need work once a month.
If you would like to become part of any of our parish Liturgical Ministries please contact the Parish Office by email or phone (941) 923-1691.